Hello my loves,
This week’s Monday Morning Motivation Mail was themed around forgiveness, and because this theme is very dear to my heart this week, I have decided to write a post on it.
There’s a quote that I really love, it’s from one of my favorite movies called, “Georgia Rule” and it goes like this, “To forgive is to move forward, Georgia rule”.
I believe that to forgive is to move forward, but also to forgive is to love. For when we don’t forgive and we hold anger within us, we are unable to fully move forward and experience all the world has to offer when we choose love. It takes just as much energy to choose to love as it does to choose to hate…its still just a choice.
I do realize that in a moment of anger, it can be easy to fall into the trap of blame that society has made ever so popular. So for when times feel a little tough, here’s a list of things to remember when your looking to move forward:
- Take responsibility for the situation: Everything that happens in your life is your fault. The minute you accept this fact, that is the minute you free yourself. Not one other person is responsible for what happens in your life…but you. Every choice you make, leads you on your own unique path and along every path there are smooth roads and bumpy roads. If you take responsibility for every roadblock thrown your way, then your given a chance to take responsibility for removing it or learning from it. Every situation is an opportunity to learn, and once you begin to see it that way, you will find it much easier to accept the present and move forward.
- Shift the blame – No one can make you feel anything without your consent; Eleanor Roosevelt knew this very well. If you find yourself in an argument with someone, decide to sit with your emotions and let the experience be as it may, without blaming others for how you may be feeling. Like I said above, once you take responsibility for every situation, it will become more evident to you, that only you can make you feel in anyway.
- Avoid telling people what to do – You cannot control anyone’s actions but your own. Everyone has the freedom of choice and opinions and what one person believes to be gold, another may think is garbage. Your thoughts and opinions aren’t anymore right then someones across the world. We’re all equal in that way and when we begin to see people with that frame in mind, it becomes much easier to let go of what we feel is right.
- Focus on the present – Anything that’s ever been said or done to you is in the past. If you focus on living in the present and doing what makes you happy right now, then you will not be bothered by past experiences. If you focus on the present, then you realize that there really isn’t anything to forgive…because that hard time has gone.
- Create an affirmation – Affirmations are fabulous tools for rewiring unhealthy thinking. The more you affirm something to yourself, the faster it becomes a belief. This is a scientific fact. So lets create an affirmation to help with forgiveness towards others. You could say this 3X a day: I love and accept everyone for who they are.
I hope these tips will help you if you ever find it hard to forgive. Most often, people that have the hardest time forgiving others, are usually the ones that have the hardest time forgiving themselves. When your loving and compassionate towards yourself, it becomes much easier to be loving and compassionate towards others. Take note of how you might be…perhaps the only medicine you need is a tablespoon of self love.
I hope you all have a fabulous week and as always, I’m sending you so much love!