Hello my loves,
I hope you’re all having a fabulous summer so far! I know mine has been quite extraordinary and I can’t wait to see what August has in store for me. Today, I have put together a summer reading list for you all! I know the summer is almost half-way done, but nonetheless, these books are timeless, empowering reads that will definitely provide you with some amazing tips and tricks to bettering yourself. I hope there is one book in this blog that will peak your interest and get you excited to finish your summer with a bang!
- 50 Ways to Yay! – Alexi Panos – This is a fabulous new book that gives you 50 different tasks to better your life. From teaching you how to “Become a master of your mornings”, to helping you understand how to “Say no to others so you can say yes to yourself’; Alexi provides you with the tools to find your inner happiness and isn’t that exactly what we all need? A definite must-read.
- Mind over Mood – Dennis Greenberger – This is a great read for those of you that might struggle with anxiety or depressive thoughts. A few years ago I took a cognitive behavior course and it completely healed me of my panic attacks. In the course, we used this book as a reference. Along with all the information and science about how we think, this book also includes a ton of activities that helps you get to the root of whats causing you to feel anxious or depressed. I have been recommending this book to friends for years, and even if you don’t struggle with anxious thoughts, its a very interesting read that may help you understand your mind better.
- The 5 Love Languages – Gary Chapman – This is the book that helped change so many of my relationships with friends and family. Gary has come up with a formula that divides the world into 5 groups of people that all express and understand love in different ways: 1) Words of affirmation, 2) Quality Time, 3) Recieving Gifts, 4) Acts of Service, 5) Physical touch. Most of the time when we don’t understand someone, it’s usually because they’re speaking a different love language than you. This book helps you understand your friendships on a different level and it’s easily one of my favorite books of all time. Another must-read for everyone.
- The Magic – Rhonda Byrne – This is another activity book that is filled with 28 days of exercises for applying the law of attraction and enriching your life with love and gratefulness. You could do these exercises one day at a time with the “50 ways to Yay!” book, or you could do one book after the other, to guarantee that you continue to stay on track.
- The Body Book – Cameron Diaz. – “The body wants to be strong” – this is one of my favorite quotes from this book as it sums up the entire book. This is a book about balance. Cameron teaches us about nutrition, getting strong through different forms of exercise, how to increase your brain power etc. This book was a fantastic read and I was addicted to it till the very end. There’s so much science behind every chapter and it’s a great read for those of us that like to learn about researched information…as oppose to ideas of what could be good for us.
All of these books are Just Love approved and they’re geared towards self-improvement. If you have any suggestions for summer books that are perfect for the person looking to better themselves, leave a comment in the comment section below and maybe we’ll do a review on it in the future!
I hope you all enjoy these books and as always, I’m sending you so much love! <3