I am someone that is constantly on the go. I act, work two jobs and I work on this website. Juggling all of that, plus making time to be social, and making time for myself, can be very hard at times.
I’ve come up with a plan that is my go-to list of things to do that helps me wind down and relax. My mind is constantly thinking of the next thing that I should be working on; so this list is a great way to help me pause and take a moment for myself.
I use some of the things on this list when I have 30 mins to relax, or a full day. As long as I get in some relaxation time, then I’m prepared to keep moving forward.
Making time to relax is essential for your overall mental health. I have so many friends that have told me recently that they feel like they can never relax. I feel that this is partly do to the fact that we are always plugged in to electronic devices…but also because we just don’t set aside time for our mental health. If we don’t make time to relax, we will get run-down and we will begin to make bad choices, whether it be the food that we eat or the routines we develop.
If you’re someone who struggles with relaxing, I hope this list will help you in some way, and if anything, I hope it will remind you to take some time for yourself, before you find yourself being the first person to get that winter cold. ***A cold is always a sign that you’re running yourself too thin and that you need to slow down.
- Take a hot shower – This is something you would need some extra time for but the steam really helps you relax and calms you down. Sometimes when I don’t have too much time, I just put a hot face cloth on my face and that helps as well.
- Go for a walk – Fresh air is so good for our lungs and nature has a way of calming us down. No wonder we all feel so good when we go away to a cottage.
- Meditate or sit in silence. – A lot of people have a hard time meditating and if that is the case for you, maybe just go outside and sit in silence for 5-10 mins. Forget your phone inside and just try to be present. This will help ground and relax you.
- Read or put on some instrumental music – Depending on my mood, reading can be hard for me, because my mind will begin to wander and think of all the things I should be doing. If your in a mood like that, then maybe put on some instrumental music and focus on a task that needs to get done. If you find that your brain is too caught up and stressed, put on your favorite dance music and shake it off!
- Do something creative – Color, draw, sing, dance, do a creative activity that feeds your soul. Doing something creative helps you get all of your worries out and allows you to relax and play. We would always play as kids… so why do we forget to play as adults?
If you have any ideas or thoughts about things that calm you down, definitely leave me a comment below! I would love to hear what you do and try it myself!
I hope you guys have a fabulous week and as always, I’m sending you so much love!!!