Hello my loves!!
As most of you know I do a lot of live-streaming on the app PEEKS and so I’ve decided that I’m going to start live-streaming on the JUST LOVE instagram page as well. Each week I will be doing a live-stream writing out my goals for the week and once a month I will be doing a follow-up stream where I will discuss everything that I ended up achieving and where I am at moving forward. I find when I make my goals public, it forces me to go after them even more-so because of the pressure; so hence the reason I have decided to include you guys on my journey. I also like the idea of sharing the ups and downs with you to help some people see that success (and reaching some goals) doesn’t happen overnight.
So on that note, here are the UPDATES for the week!!!!!!
- New Coffee & Spirit Date at 10pm TONIGHT (Wednesday) on the app PEEKS – Come join me with a cup of coffee and lets chat about all things Spiritual. This week we will be discussing the Emerald Tablet. If you don’t know anything about the Emerald Tablet then definitely google it before the stream. It’s the most interesting piece of writing that I have read in a long time.
- If you haven’t read my newest blog about Loving the Skin that You’re In…READ IT HERE 😀 There’s a blog-cast attached to it…for those of you that prefer to listen instead of read.
- PEEKS schedule for the rest of the week:
- Wed: 10pm Coffee & Spirit
- Thursday: 10am – Grateful chats + Update on this weeks goals!
- Friday: 11am – Workout with me!
- Saturday: 11am – Daily Life
- Sunday: 11am – Daily Life + Next weeks goals.
Have a FAB day and as always, I’m sending you all so much LOVE!
It’s no secret that I struggle with social anxiety. I have been quite vocal about it over the last few years. Even though I don’t experience it as harshly as I once did, it never seems to go away completely. There are days and sometimes weeks where I find myself feeling that old ‘suffocating’ feeling; and it’s very hard to function and focus when I’m feeling that way.
People overwhelm me sometimes. Some people’s energies are strong, and sometimes if we share a connection, my anxiety and ‘need to please’ can overwhelm me. This is something that I think I will always be working through.
Although I cannot say that I know the exact cure, I can say that when I’m stuck in a rut and feel anxious, applying these ideas can really help. Sometimes it makes the feeling disappear completely and sometimes it helps just for a little while.
On that note, here’s my disclosure. Nothing I am about to tell you works 100 percent of the time and just because something works for me, it doesn’t mean it will work for you. So listen to what your body needs; experiment and see what you can come up with.
Strategies/Techniques that help me when I’m feeling anxious:
- Do something meditative – Fresh air always seems to help clear my mind and calm down my nerves; so going for a walk can be very therapeutic. Sitting still, clearing my mind and practicing the most common form of meditation is also very effective sometimes. I like to do this for 10-15 mins.
- Send intentional love – This is something I learned from a very wise friend. As I said earlier, I often feel the need to help/please people. But sometimes I don’t have the energy, due to feeling overwhelmed. On the days that I feel that way, I send everyone intentional love and fulfillment. This way, I feel I can mentally relax a little and I don’t feel as guilty for not being able to help. It helps me stay in a positive mindset and helps me recover much faster.
- Do something active. Whether its going to the gym, dancing, or playing a sport, sometimes sweating it out, can be very effective. Feeling overwhelmed is just a feeling like every other emotion we feel, and sometimes feelings need to be felt and released. Finding a good outlet, such as doing something active, is a great way to release any strong feelings.
- Quiet time. – Take a night to yourself and DO WHAT YOU LOVE. Write out some new goals to focus on. Do some crafts. Explore. Watch Netflix. Enjoy life.
- Try writing out your thoughts – Sometimes seeing your thoughts on paper can give you perspective on the situation. 90% of the time it helps me see how foggy my mind really is when I’m feeling anxious. When I was feeling down many moons ago, I started a blog where I poured out my heart to the world. It was such a great outlet for me and truly helped me deal with a lot of my social anxiety.
As I said earlier though, listen to your own intuition. Try new things and perhaps you will find something that resonates with you. I hope one of these ideas helps!
Sending you all lots of love,
For the past two months I’ve been extremely busy. My life has changed substantially, and as a result I haven’t found much time to blog. I apologize to all of my dedicated readers for not being able to consistently post blogs every Monday. Being the perfectionist that I am, it’s been heavy on my heart. But on the bright side, it has been a great learning experience… Something I can now share with you.
Learning to accept our current position in life is one of the biggest challenges for most of us. Life moves fast. If we don’t immediately get a great job out of university, for some reason we beat ourselves up and feel like failures. Why is that?