Meditation might be something that is really trendy right now, but nonetheless, meditation is actually really good for the soul.
It can be something that is really hard to master if the circumstances aren’t right; so its important to schedule meditation and plan for what you will need.
Here is a list of steps that you should take to prepare yourself for meditation:
1) Find a quiet space where you know you wont be disturbed. If people are around you, let them know to not disturb you for 10-15 mins.
2) Find some calming sounds to play in the background. I love to listen to nature sounds like waterfalls or the ocean waves. I usually use the app “Songza” or Youtube for that. You can also download tracks where people walk you through a meditation. Oprah and Deepak Chopra have created many “21 day meditation experiences”. I’ve done two of theirs already and I love them!
You can also download the app “Headspace” as that app walks you through meditation as well.
3) Find a comfy spot where your legs can be crossed or on a chair where your feet can be placed flat on the floor. Place your hands on your legs, palms facing the sky. Try to sit up tall but if it makes you too uncomfortable then don’t worry about it.
4) Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. I like to breathe in for 5 seconds, hold for 5 seconds and then breathe out for 10 seconds. I do this for about a minute, or st least until I feel more relaxed.
5) Then I focus on an affirmation such as, “I am calm and one with the world”. I try to continue to breathe and empty my mind and whenever i find my brain wondering, I try to bring myself back to the present and focus on the affirmation/intention.
That’s it! Its super easy to meditate, its just about finding the right time to do it. If you can schedule it in for the same time every day, then eventually it will become apart of your routine and you’ll get use to it in no time.
Meditation helps to ground you and brings you back to the present moment. From my own experience, it helps me feel more relaxed, as I do tend to stress a lot. It brings me back to the present, and life is much easier when I’m thinking about right now; as oppose to what may or may not happen in the future.
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog and as always, I’m sending you so much love!!!